The forums hosted on Questioning AIDS (QA) have grown tremendously over the past years and we thank all of you for being a part of this growing community.The basic rules for discussions on the Questioning AIDS board are simple: be polite, do not be offensive or malicious, do not break the law, and do not post advertising messages.Only registered members, with a valid email address, are allowed to post messages in the forums. Only one User ID is allowed per IP address.Your postings on this forum will become public.If you are a new visitor (newbie), we welcome you and encourage you to read and watch for a reasonable period of time to become familiar with the content and perspective of this site before posting. To help us prevent spammers and trolls, the first few posts by new members are held for moderation. After that period, approved members can post without moderation.While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
By using this forum, you further agree to abide by the forum guidelines. We do not intend to censor messages based on the opinions expressed within posts, but we reserve the right to remove, modify or move posts at our discretion and without explanation. Repeat violators may expect temporary or permanent suspension of posting privileges, and ultimately being banned altogether.
If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact one of the moderators.
Please note that:
- Opinions, advice and all other information expressed by participants in discussions are those of the author. You rely on such information at your own risk. Participants are urged to seek professional advice for specific, individual situations and not rely solely on advice or opinions given in the discussions.
- While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposelessly inflammatory posts.
- Flaming will not be tolerated. Do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member. Debates are fine, but argue with the point, not the person.
- Trolling will not be tolerated either. Do not come to this site with the purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling; keep it civil, even if you’re sure the other person is wrong.
- Spamming is not allowed. This includes using the forum, email, visitor messages, blog comments, picture comments and private message systems to spam other members. Worthless posts with no content and nonsensical posts eat up space and waste everyone’s time.
- Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
- While we are quite happy to have constructive comparative conversations about various viewpoints regarding HIV and AIDS, we will not tolerate blatant adverts for orthodox perspectives (see FAQs: What is the AIDS Orthodoxy?).
- DO NOT post iN aLL uPPer CaSe. IT IS LIKE YELLING. This goes for TITLES as well.
- Give the post a Meaningful Title, so that other members do not waste their time reading posts about things that they have no interest in. The content of the post should be clear from the title. Please be brief in the title of the post, but yet specific enough so readers will know if the post will be of interest to them.
- Please do not start a new thread on a topic already being discussed. Use the search function and read the forum prior to posting.
- If you are linking to a lengthy article, please summarize, or paste only an excerpt in your post and let interested readers follow the link. If you need help with links, please read the vBulletin documentation or post a request for help in the “Forum Issues” forum.
- We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
- If you are going to post non-English on these forums, please also include an English translation of your post.
- Posts arguing about QA forum policies or moderator actions are not allowed the main forum. You can post in the “Forum Issues” forum if you have an issue with our policies.
- We reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right.
- Also, while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
Avatars and signatures
- No animated avatars please.
- Do not use an avatar that your mother would not approve of. We may not either.
- Commercial links are not permitted in signatures, but you may link to a personal blog or website.
- Excessively long signatures are not welcome here.
Although the administrators and moderators of Questioning AIDS Community Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and the operators of QA are not responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violate any laws.
The owners of Questioning AIDS Community Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
Any disputes with the moderators or administrators of the QuestioningAIDS Forums will be handled in private through the Private Message system. To be as fair as possible, disputes will be resolved by a consensus of the moderator team. If you wish to escalate any issue with staff, please send a message to the site administrator firstname.lastname@example.org .
To protect your privacy, we will not release any member information unless under court order to do so.
As a public site, QuestioningAIDS.com is regularly monitored by Google and other search engines. Anything you post here can and will show up in related Internet searches.
We reserve the right to modify and amend these terms at any time without notice. It is your responsibility to remain informed of current QuestioningAIDS forum policies.